By far the easiest way to make great specialty coffee. If we’re ever suffering a hangover or just dont have the time to really make something amazing, the Hario One Cup is our go to. It’s so simple and kind of fool proof. Anyone can make it.
What you need
- Hario One Cup Coffee Maker
- Kettle or something with a spout to pour hot water
- Grinder (unless your beans are already ground)
- Measuring spoon or Scales (optional)
- 12-14g of coffee beans (unless you have bought pre-ground to a consistency slightly courser than Caster Sugar)
- Select a good soundtrack, as we said most of the time we make the Hario One Cup, we’re hungover so we would suggest a little Al Green or something soulful.
- Put the kettle on. Preheat your cup by rinsing in hot water.
- Add 12-14g of coffee inside the filter.
- Pour a little hot water to cover all the coffee allowing it to bloom for 15 - 20 seconds.
- Fill the remaining cup all the way to the top and put the lid on for around 2 minutes.
- Take out the filter, allowing it to drain the excess off into your cup.
- Allow to cool and go back to listening to Al Green.